I just recently came home from the show Steam Powered Giraffe played in Bakersfield, and got a chance to snap a shot of my “Saloonerella” Cosplay.
For those of you not acquainted with the Saloonerella character, she is indirectly referred to in their song “Rex Marksley”, in the lyric “all the women blushed and fainted when Rex winked his eye”. And where there is a western hero, there is always a gal to admire him.
She is featured on the lyric booklet (illustrated by Bunny Bennett) of the “2¢ Show” album.
When I saw the album art, I felt extremely inspired by this character (‘cause I like cowboys) and realized that I had about 90% of her outfit just hanging in my closet! Soon after, I inquired about her name, and Bunny Bennett replied, “Saloonerella”; to this day, I am unsure as to whether she was joking, made the name up on the spot, or if that was always the character’s name. ^_^
The first time I wore it at the Calico Ghosttown Halloween Haunt, it won first place as best costume.
When I have a chance, I will post my other cosplays which include: *Zero-suit Samus (from “Metroid other M”), *Femme Indiana Jones, I’m with the other Indiana Jones’ in SneakyZebra’s ComicCon 2013 video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-I3h15VgyE)
*Slave Girl Princess Leia (I know it’s cliche, but it’s a classic)
*Gentern (from “REPO! the Genetic Opera”) * Miku Hatsune (the vocaloid) *Currently working on a Dungeons and Dragons cosplay; a Kalashtar Ardent
I actually really love this
ITS TIME FOR THE ANNUAL OMOCAT CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY!!
many good things have happened, OMOCAT has grown so much, and my life is forever changed :>
here’s a little thank you to all my followers and supporters!
1) FIRST PRIZE: 1 OMOCAT APPAREL in the size of your choice (while supplies last) new items that may be released this following week are also eligible for the prize
1) reblog the entire post to enter the giveaway! likes do not count gomen ~_~
2) you may only reblog once per day, each reblog will count as a chance toward winning! no giveaway-only blogs! i’ll be checking >:(
3) i will be choosing 3 winners randomly. i will painstakingly copy-paste each blog name in a random generator, and have the generator pick the winners for me
4) the winner will be chosen this weekend on the midnight of DECEMBER 16th. i will be sending out asks to let you know if you’ve won so please make sure your ask is open! if you do not reply within 24 hrs, i will have to choose another winner!!
5) i will provide free shipping! (yes, even international)
good luck!! once again, thank you all and happy holidays!!!!!
Amazing button sculptures by Miami based artist Augusto Esquivel. Absolutely stunning stuff!
Bunnies look goofy as heck when they stick their tongues out.